Equinix Named a Leader in 2021 IDC MarketScape Report for Worldwide Datacenter Colocation and Interconnection Services
REDWOOD CITY, CALIF., June 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the world's digital infrastructure company™, today announced that it has been recognized as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Datacenter Colocation and Interconnection Services 2021 Vendor Assessment (doc #US46746121, June 2021) for the second consecutive year.
This second IDC MarketScape assessment evaluates nine colocation service providers worldwide and is based on current and future capabilities, with a view of presenting a comprehensive analysis of enterprise digital infrastructure requirements. It represents a key milestone in the evolution of the data center and networking industry, as it reflects the increasingly strategic role digital infrastructure plays in businesses today – particularly as companies look to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the IDC MarketScape, companies will accelerate hybrid infrastructure strategies and look to colocation providers as integral partners for colocation and cloud interconnection.
- As a part of the research and analysis for the report, Equinix was recognized for the following strengths:
- Platform Capabilities and Innovation: The IDC MarketScape report cites that Platform Equinix offers a multilayer portfolio – spanning data center, interconnection and digital infrastructure services – that meets both current and emerging digital infrastructure requirements for companies. Supported by top IT, cloud and networking partners, Platform Equinix enables enterprises to implement an agile hybrid cloud architecture and digital framework.
- Value of Ecosystems: Equinix's ecosystem has grown to now include approximately 10,000 customers, including 1,800 networks and 2,950 cloud and IT companies. To help solve for digital infrastructure requirements, Equinix's partner program is focused on "The power of three," which brings together a partner and a provider to enable customers to scale on Platform Equinix and interconnect to their partners, supply chains and ecosystems.
- Sustainability: The report recognizes Equinix as a leader in leveraging sustainable energy sources and innovations. During 2020, Equinix leveraged over 90% (5,840 GWh) of the electricity it consumed from sustainable renewable sources.
- According to the report, companies should consider Equinix when looking for robust digital infrastructure services to modernize hybrid capabilities, scale digital partnerships, build new experiences and extend analytics across a secure edge.
- Courtney Munroe, Research Vice President, Worldwide Telecommunications Research, IDC
"Equinix has developed a reputation for delivering enhanced performance and connectivity with the most comprehensive and seamless global portfolio of digital infrastructure and interconnection services. Platform Equinix provides customers a robust and dynamic roadmap with sustainable investment and expansion."
- Joe Harding, Vice President, Product Marketing, Equinix
"We are thrilled to be named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape once again. As we have seen over the past year, the role of digital infrastructure has become increasingly mission-critical and companies are taking a digital-first approach that encompasses architecting for a distributed core, interacting with business ecosystems and extending to the edge to be closer to users."
- IDC MarketScape Names Equinix a Colocation and Interconnection Leader – [blog]
- IDC MarketScape report names Equinix a Leader on Colo & Interconnection – [analyst report]
- IDC – Equinix: The Global Digital Platform Facilitator – [analyst report]
- Global Interconnection Index Vol. 4 – [report]
About IDC MarketScape
About IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX) is the world's digital infrastructure company, enabling digital leaders to harness a trusted platform to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix enables today's businesses to access all the right places, partners and possibilities they need to accelerate advantage. With Equinix, they can scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX® data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.